Thursday, March 26, 2009

The shed that Jason built

When we moved here we knew that one of the first things we were going to have to do is get a shed, since this house did not have one. Jason is a firm believer of parking our cars in the garage, so the garage for storage just wasn't going to cut it. :) We priced sheds everywhere and found that they are not cheap! So one day Jason draw up a plan and figured out everything he needed. His plan was way better looking than any shed we had seen on our shed shopping adventures, so we decided to do it ourselves. (When I say we, I mean I wholeheartedly supported Jason building the shed.....I can not take credit much on this project!) We found a Lumber discount store and was able to get the supplies for way under the retail store prices. Always love to find a good deal thanks to frugal parents! :)So one Friday night Jason started the foundation and here is the progression all along. This post is for you Granddad! I knew you would be interested! :)He was never short on helpers! The boys LOVED "helping" out. Jason kept them busy though and he said they were a help!One wall up!And another.Framing out the door and window.I helped a few times, and Ry was not that happy to have to sit and not get in the way. Kyle tried to help. It wasn't working....Our friend Val, helped a lot! He was here helping whenever he could and he was a huge help.Almost ready to put the siding on.The boys loved when it came time to help on the roof. I was not so excited, but Jason assured me they were fine and boys just need to do these things.This does not look very comfy to me, but they said they wanted to live in there. Aiden did say he wished he could shrink first, then move in.Siding going on.Building the loft inside.That tongue comes out whenever he concentrates.Hammer happy.Ryleigh wanted to try too. All done! I think he did an excellent job! We just need to do some landscaping and put a weather vane on top to complete the look. :)He hung a swing from a beam on one side for Ryleigh since we don't have a swing set yet. She loves it!

He built two lofts in the shed. One side for storage and the other side a "fort" for the boys. They quickly made it their own.




More swinging!



Now we can work on getting some things done inside the house! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, don't look in my garage.......! :) You are welcome to come and build a shed at our house anytime. We are thinking about having a fence installed in our backyard this summmer, but haven't decided yet.

I like the picture of Aiden ( I think it was Aiden) in the little part at the top.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Good job Jason.You could,t have completed the job if you haden,t had all that help.Looks like you had to purchase a hammer for each of the boys.The shed will be a great help for clearing out your garage.Keep up the good work.
Love, G-dad

Earl and Gail said...

Me and Earl are soooo impressed!!! Way to go. We're good at starting projects and getting impatient and frustrated halfway through, and rushing to get it over with by skipping as many steps as possible. Ha ha. Great job Jason! Looks awesome! Makes me exhausted just thinking about how much work went into it.

Vicki & Bruce said...

Looks cute enough to live in! Love all the detail work-the swing hanging, shutters, window boxes, the lofts! Can't wait to see it in person! And sure Josh & Lindsey will love playing in the loft with the boys! GREAT JOB, Jas!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! The picture of the boys on the roof made me laugh!! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love a good project post! I'm working on one myself right now, so it's good to see someone else's finished result... gives me some motivation to keep going! I bet the boys had a blast... I remember helping my dad out with stuff like that when we were kids and it was one of my favorite things (still is!).

Brian and Jen said...

Looks awesome, I'm sure the kids will love playing out there and you'll love having a place for all your stuff. Our garage is cleaned out but the storage room is quite a wreck still. :)

The Gregsons said...

Wow! Totally impressed. Nic needs to hang out with Jason when he gets home. Maybe a little can rub off on him. Maybe he will get his own toolbox then! Love the boys "fort" and the pics on the roof.

Megan said...

Wow Jas Good job! Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see it in person. Miss you all :(

Amy said...

Wow! That is a really nice shed!