Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Back to blogging... I hope

We made a big move this year with lots of changes for our family.  Our life is now almost completely different then it was just 3 months ago.  We moved 4,859 miles away from the good ole' south to a tropical island.  Jason is now with a squadron (air side) in the Marine Corps after almost 18 years working on the ground side.  He is learning a whole new job.  We are in a different time zone, which means we don't get to talk to family much and we like talking to family.  Helps us feel not so far away.  So not only are we REALLY far away, we feel far away.  We have a dog, but we couldn't bring him.  It wasn't easy leaving a family member behind, even though he is in good hands and happy with family.  Our kids have always gone to public school and we have liked and thrived in this environment.  We are about to embark on homeschooling all three kids (this scares me almost to the point of feeling crazy).   We are used to a yard, sidewalks and space.  Here we use the beach for a yard and we can hear our neighbors conversations we are so close.  We are embracing the change, but change is hard.  The kids miss their friends, I miss my friends.   Yes, we live in a tropical paradise and I get to look at the ocean every single day.  I am blessed by this.  But guess what?  My kids still fight in paradise!  So I might be looking at the water as they fight, but I still happens.  We still have bills to pay (and boy are they higher in paradise) and meals to cook and laundry to do.   Life is life, not matter where you live.
I'm going to try and pick up blogging again.  Since I don't get to talk to family much and my family is a large one at that, this might be the easiest way to keep them up to date on what is going on without clogging up everyones Facebook news feed.  If they want to read they can, if they don't they don't have to.  Plus, I want to remember these next 3 years here and document our adventures.  We've been given a chance of a lifetime to live here and embrace the culture, so here's hoping I can stick with this blog and record the next 3 years.

No comments: