Sunday, June 29, 2008

Six years old!!!

It is very hard to believe that Aiden just turned six! It takes more than a hand to tell how old he is now! :) He is very proud of his new age. He randomly just says "I'm six now!" He asked months and months ago if he could have his birthday at Mom-Mom's house. This was before we knew that we were coming up here this summer. So he was very happy to have his wish come true and be at his favorite place on earth. :) Just like all my birthdays growing up, our kids get to eat whatever they want for their birthdays. This of course means a day FULL of sugar! And no vegetables! :) His breakfast requests were donuts and chocolate milk. For lunch he wanted to go to McDonald's. For dinner he wanted pizza. I got a day of absolutely no fighting anyone at any meal. Makes birthdays like a little vacation for me.

Here he is on the morning of his birthday opening presents from Mom-Mom and Granddad.

Somehow I have no pictures of his lunch at McDonald's.......

We had a birthday party for him on Saturday so Daddy could celebrate with us.



It was an Indian Jones birthday, with the cake being Indian Jones and getting lots of Indian Jones Lego's. Have you ever tried to put together one of those Lego sets without directions?? With only the picture on the front of the box to go on?? Maybe for a man growing up building Lego's this would seem easy, but for me it was quite a challenge, especially with an almost 2 year old destroying every little bit of progress I made.
Ryleigh enjoyed the cake too. :)
Italic
Photography by Aimee

3 comments:

Vicki & Bruce said...

Happy Birthday again to Aiden! Since he is way too busy to sit down and look at the computer, AND he is at my house, I'm not blogging a Happy Birthday to him. It was a nice party, Erin. I know I talked to Kathy the whole time, but that made it fun for me!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Aiden! I'm sorry i couldn't be at your party! at least i got to spend your birthday breakfast with you! Love you so much! I'm glad you're staying at our house!

Brian and Jen said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying life and making the most of this crazy time. We love seeing the pics... and are looking forward to seeing you soon! (we still dont' have a date... hopefully we'll find out this week!! Ahhh!)