Friday, August 14, 2009

For Chelly

Well, like I said in my last post, Chelly has been begging for updates on some of the things we have done around the house. I wasn't planning on putting them up in the blog, but she just won't take no for an answer! :) Plus, there is always something else that needs to be done, so I always feel like nothing is ever finished. I want to wait until I have it ALL done, but who knows when that will be! So today, is a rainy day. The kids are playing quietly at the moment (I am sure that will change ANY second now) so I thought I would finally give Chelly her wish! :)


The kitchen windows. I really wanted plantation shutters for these windows, but we just couldn't see spending that much money (over $800) when we will only live here a few years and can't take them with us! Maybe in our "forever" house. :)

Since I wanted plantation shutters it took me forever to figure out what I really wanted to do here. I didn't want to spend a lot and covering windows is not cheap, especially when you have to do three.
I bought a place mat at Pier One a few months ago and that got my juices flowing on what colors I wanted. I finally found some material I liked (and at 60% off it was a deal too!) and got to work on making them. I bought more place mats from Pier One and used them as fake "blinds" to give some color, but not too much since the kitchen is open to the family room and I didn't want to colors to clash. So the kitchen is on it's way to being finished! Now time to tile the backsplash....

Ryleigh's room. We painted it a light pink. Still have to fix her curtains and hang a few things. And eventually get her out of a crib!!


The guest room. We originally had our old bed in here, a large wooden sleigh bed, but it took up the whole room. So we sold that, bought a bed frame and made a headboard. It gives us so much more room in here now! This room is still pretty blank, needs curtains, bigger pillow shams, a chair, some kind of small dresser and stuff on the walls. But it is open for company! :)

Oh and another lamp on the other side. :)
The boys room. My cameras flash is acting up so I wasn't able to get very good pictures. But it is pained a very light blue.

A close up of the initials over there beds. I have a thing for letters and monograms! :)
The back deck. This deck was already here when we bought the house, Jason added the pergola. Still need to find cushions for the wicker.
Then he added the step down deck for our table.

He put the white vinyl fence up so we could eat out here in the evenings without the sun shining right on us.
The whole thing from the back. I plan to landscape all around it and from the white fence all the way over to the end of the house. But I think that is going to be a fall project....
The dining room. Chelly and I have pretty much the same dining rooms! :) We like plates, something started from our Aunt Debbie I think. :)


That's all for now! Hope you are happy now Chell! :) lol

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey where is the comments Chelly? I think it looks nice Erin. Hope some day i will get down to see it in person. Which you were close so you could give me some new ideas.
Love,
G-dad

Vicki & Bruce said...

Have seen it in person (most of it!),but it looks beautiful photographed! You certainly do not get your beautiful decorating ideas from me! In fact, my houses only ever looked nice because you girls decorated them!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Have you been watching a lot of HGTV? :-)

BOJANGLES said...

LOVE the color of the dining room Erin. And place mat, super cute idea, and monograms, you are a cousin after my own heart. Your house reminds me of the show homes my mom and I love to visit. I'm thinking when I finally get a place of my own, I'll have to have you up for a long weekend. :)

The Roberts said...

Wow, it's changed a lot since I've been there. Looks great! Jason did a wonderful job on the back deck, too!

"Just the Two Of Us" said...

The house looks amazingly beautiful! Belle sends a big hug to the kids : )

chelly said...

I gave my comments in person (on the phone)! :) Love it - looks great! Now you need to help me with my dining room and office! I don't know what to do with that wall - the one that goes from the dining room to the office. Have any ideas? Thanks for the post! Love all the pics!

Brian and Jen said...

Hey, I was WAY behind on your blog... all caught up now. :) Everything looks great and everyone's getting so big!