Friday, December 26, 2008

Twas the night before Christmas - and it feels like spring!

It was a beautiful day of 70 some degrees on Christmas Eve here in the south. I still can not get used to it being Christmas with this kind of weather. Even though we have lived the last almost 11 years in warmer climates, the holidays still mean cold weather to me. I guess 21 years of bundling up at Christmas time is what makes me associate a certain kind of weather with this time of year. I wonder if at the 22 year mark of living in warmer places I will feel a spring like day and think "It feels like Christmas today!" Somehow I doubt it. :)

We did not go home for Christmas this year, but we did have the annual steak dinner. A tradition started by my mom years ago. The meal consists of steak, french fries, croissant rolls, corn and ginger ale and grape juice punch. Why all the starches you ask? We have asked the same question. No one has a good answer. Who knows how it started. To make it a bit more healthy we had green beans instead! Chelly, Chris and kids came, along with their friends (and now ours!) Earl, Gail and Joey. But, somehow I don't have any pictures of them! :(
The table all ready for dinner. Yes, we are lacking curtains in most rooms of the house. Whenever we have dinner in the dinning room, everyone driving by can see how much we are enjoying our dinner. Or, how badly the kids are misbehaving, or how messy the room is.....The kids ready to open their presents send by Mom-Mom and Granddad. Mom sent a box with gifts for us all.
Jason loving his new Harley Dude mug. Chris and Jason both look like they were really getting a kick out of something in these pictures. Make-up kits for Allie and Ryleigh. They were thrilled! Michelle and I, not so much......And this is why.... I thought I got a picture of Allie too. I did on my cell phone, but I guess I didn't get one with my camera. Chelly and I were standing right in the kitchen and the girls were sitting at the table. We thought we had it under control. Allie had finger nail polish on her eyebrows. For the rest of the night both of their faces had a pink/purplish glow to them.The kids table! Once again, you can see the lack of curtains.....Since it was such a nice night, the boys were outside playing soccer for a little while. A family photo. I have no idea what Aiden is doing. Perhaps praying for good gifts?

The cousins - all in their new PJ's and ready for bed. Another tradition, new PJ's on Christmas eve.
Our kiddos all ready to be tucked in bed. Surprisingly they all went to bed really well and fell asleep quickly. It was a Christmas miracle folks.

6 comments:

Earl and Gail said...

Thanks for letting us share in your Christmas Eve tradition. It was a great dinner!

Vicki & Bruce said...

SO cute to see them all in their PJ's! Makes you just want to hold them on your lap!

Anonymous said...

Awwww the kids are soooooo cute. And no worries Erin, it was warm here too on Christmas which is probably why it hasn't felt like Christmas. The sad thing is, it was freezing the days leading up to the 24th/25th and then on the 24th it was suddenly warmer out. I do not like.

The Gregsons said...

Big Lots has $5 sheers a panel. They look a lot like the ones that cost $20 a panel. Had to find cheaper with 4 windows in one room.

Erin said...

Thanks Christina! I will have to check that out.

I am so glad you guys could come Gail! It was fun!

Vicki & Bruce said...

Commented on Chelle's blog how nice your table looks, but with so much on one post, by the time I looked at all the pictures, I had forgotten what the first one looked like! You have quite an elegant touch!