Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Remembering Grandmom


Yesterday was my grandmothers birthday. I wanted to put something up on the blog, but the day got away from me. When I saw Chelly's blog this morning, http://cmyoder.blogspot.com/, I knew I wanted to put something up anyway. Even if it was a day late. The picture above is an old one, from probably at least 8 years ago on my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. But, it show something she loved, her grandkids around her. She loved having us around and we loved being around her. She has been gone for over a year now and I can't believe how often I think of something I want to tell her. Or see something that reminds me of her. She has her fingerprints all over my house from little things that she would find and give to me. One of the hardest things about losing Grandmom is that my kids will never know her like I did. I tell them about her all the time and they do remember her, and I want to keep that memory alive. From showing them the sweater they came home from the hospital in that she hand knitted, to letting know that we are eating Grandmom Jeanies marconi and cheese recipe. :) She lives in all of us because she invested so much in our lives.

2 comments:

Vicki & Bruce said...

That's the key! Investing in people's lives-building relationships. Let's keep that legacy alive! That's why I want to make my home a haven for my children and grandchildren!

Chelly said...

aw, Erin, now you made me cry this morning. What a nice post! Everything you said is so true - she will always be with us -she was such a big part of our lives!