Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Soccer Awards!

Kyle's award party was a much anticipated event around here. Kyle counted the days. He asked about it several times a day. Then when the day arrived, he counted the hours. Or should I say he had me tell him how many more hours every few minutes. :) Like most kids, ours do not do well waiting for things. Days away seem like years to them. If only I could get them to see life the way I see it now. That it goes fast, treasure every moment. Kyle and his team!


Can you say proud?

Aiden had a little party after his last game and the coaches gave them trophies. Which was a pretty big deal to all the boys! The smiles on their faces were so cute as the coached called them each up each by name, and said a little about each kid and then presented them their trophy. I am really grateful that both the boys had great coaches. They were laid back, yet taught them the game, pushed them to do better, but never got upset. I didn't see that with all the coaches and I am really glad we got good ones!









The Southwest Flames! :)


Soccer was fun, but I am glad to have a break! Two practices for each of the boys, sometimes 3, plus a game, sometimes 2, each a weekend, added to our already busy lives. We have a break for summer and then start again in the fall. Kyle is counting the days, Aiden is still debating if he wants to continue soccer or move on to a different sport. :) Is there a sport for reading??

3 comments:

Earl and Gail said...

You forgot to mention "Aden." :) If he finds a sport for reading, I want to join his team. Loved the pictures!

Vicki & Bruce said...

There's a great reading sport at the library where you get rewarded for reading so many books-remember? We used to get Pizza Hut coupons and I heard of one library that gave Hershey Park tickets (know no one down there would do that) Love those proud smiles!

Aunt Chelly said...

Way to go boys!! :)

I want to put Allie in soccer this Fall. I think she would really love it!