Monday, April 09, 2007

Baseball, Bathtubs and Waiting rooms

Aiden got a glove and ball for Christmas, but has not really used it yet since he was the only one that had one. We got Kyle one for his birthday and now they are enjoying baseball. It is hysterical to watch Kyle, he sticks his tongue out each time he throws or tries to catch the ball!

He has his eye on it!

Look at that tongue! :)
I put Ryleigh in the bathtub for the first time this weekend with the boys. She was so excited, she giggled and squealed and had a blast. She was kicking her feet the whole time and splashing. When the boys are in the tub, she always crawls into the bathroom and tries to climb in the tub.
Kyle loves his rain boots!
A few days ago we had to go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Kyle. I dread going there because the waiting room is really small, it is always crowded and the wait is always long. We were sitting waiting our turn in a packed waiting room. The boys were being good, but as usual talking loud. I can not seem to get them to understand the difference between indoor and outdoor voices. Then out of the blue Aiden says in his outdoor voice "Mom, I am really sorry I called you fat the other day." Suddenly it seems really quiet in the room. I say "It's OK Aiden." Then he goes on "But, it is just that your body is kind of....." I cut him off here quickly thinking it is hard to tell what would come out of his mouth. I succeed in distracting him so that he does not say anymore and pray our number is called soon. Thankfully I do not have a low self esteem or I might have felt bad! Just moments later a commercial comes on the TV for maxi pads. I wasn't watching it, I was trying to distract Kyle from getting into something. But I look up when Aiden, again loudly, says "Mom, what are those things?" I look up, see the commercial and stifle a laugh. I look around and see heads coming up over newspapers and books. An older lady across from us is looking at me like "How are you going to answer that one in a room full of people?" I don't say anything right away, trying to think what to say. So thinking I didn't hear him, he loudly repeats the question. "MOM!! What are those things and WHAT do they do to you?" People are openly laughing now and I just say "I'll tell you about it when you get older Aiden." Aiden says "OH! You find out when you are older." A minute later our number is called and since we were in the back corner of the crowded room, I get up walk out with my brood trailing behind. Kids definitely keep you humble. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be more worried about the younger kid wearing boots and a diaper inside, and playing baseball with a bike helmet, than telling the other one about the "MP."

They do keep you humble and its only beginning! HOO-RAH!

Erin said...

Kyle needs a helmet on for whatever he is doing! :) He had just gotten off his bike.

Anonymous said...

Wow did those people in the waiting room had some funny stories to tell family/friends later that day.Aiden made their day.:-)Erin you should write a book and title it "My Children and Me".............Hugs, A.Deb

Anonymous said...

That's so funny!!! You should write a book. You have so many funny stories.

Laine

Anonymous said...

This makes me think of when Lawren was little. She climbed up in my lap when she was about 3. Her hand went into my abdomen as she climbed; and she quickly looked into my eyes and said seriously, "You're not fat." Her gesture to make me feel better about myself made me smile; then she added as she leaned towards my ear and whispered, "Nobody will see it."

Laine

Anonymous said...

As usual, GREAT Aiden stories! I agree with your fans-a book would be perfect! You're read enough of them to get it right! And nice to read Laine's comments! So miss the Whites! I MUST call her! Keep up the funny blog work! I'll try to do better with mine!

Allison Sangree said...

Erin, We love reading your blog - you have so much to share, and you do it so well, I guess because it is your life. I usually end up laughing. You guys are doing a great job! (It brings me back to when ours were young).
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Maybe your mom and I could take a trip to you over the summer when things settle down a bit here. The time would fly, because we'd talk the whole time =)

SES said...

Great stories Erin, as usual. Even before I saw the other comments I had decided to say something about Kyle's helmet =). At least he apparently takes it off for baths, although you never know- I hear about people dying in tubs all the time...

Unknown said...

OHHH I remember those days! Not that Jesse ever did anything to embarass me! Your site is like medicine--it makes me laugh! Thanks for sharing.

Earl and Gail said...

hilarious! great photos, the kids in the bath --so cute. and the pharmacy story had me cracking up!!!

Erin said...

Thanks to everyone for their comments!! We love to hear from everyone. I am glad someone can get a laugh out of our crazy kids. Writing down what happens helps me appreciate it, even after a hard day. :)