Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Soccer, Alligators, Bubbles, Shorts and Forts!

A lot happens around here. I go a couple days without updating and I almost have too much to put up! :) Here is some highlights from the last 2 days.

Soccer started Tuesday night. The boys were so excited. They had their shin guards and soccer socks on all day waiting to go. Here they are on the way, happy, as you can see.
Last year, we had to take turns keeping Kyle off the soccer field, he wanted to play so bad. Now he can play and he wasn't so sure about it. He wanted Jason or myself right by him the whole time. Hopefully he will warm up to it by next week. This year they are on the "Crickets". They have not gotten their official shirts yet. The tongue thing must run in the family! :)



There is an alligator in one of our neighborhood ponds. They go from pond to pond and which ever pond has no geese swimming in it usually means there is an alligator near by. Apparently this is the baby, it is about 5 feet long. Rumor has it that the mom is in the same pond and that she is huge. Around here they will not come get an alligator until it reaches a certain size, saying that they will only go after "little things". Well since the neighborhood is full of little kids and dogs, that makes no sense! Maybe they have already removed the mom, have not seen anything bigger than this. Don't worry I wasn't this close, I zoomed up from really far away. I guess Jason and the boys will not be fishing in this pond for awhile.


We ran to Kmart yesterday to pick up diapers. The boys saw these shorts and wanted them since they were "like" daddy's. I told them they could get them and for some reason they put them on their head. They walked around the store like this the entire time. I guess I am just going to have to get used to having people laugh at us when we are out in public for some reason or another with this pair. They also tried to help me pick out a birthday card. Aiden thought I should get the Elmo one, cause it was "lovely".
Last night when Jason was giving the boys their bath and he stepped out of the bathroom to get something for a mere second. This is what he found when he came back:

Hanging out in their fort this morning.
You are now officially up to date! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! Looks like Ryleigh had a beard, too! Loved her bubble hat! The fun with her and the boys is only beginning! She is now officially "one of them"! Looks like she wants to always hang out where they are and tomboy days are certainly ahead! She'll have to spend lots of weeks with Allie, Lindsey, Belle or Katie to prissy her up a bit!! I think Aiden & Kyle take after Aunt Chelly with how to wear your shorts!

Unknown said...

I think Ryleigh must be the luckiest little girl in the world! :-)

Unknown said...

They are too cute. The tent building brings back so many memories. I remember tents in our basement for days! They loved them! Kaylee is 6 mo old. I am all ready planning where to hide everything when she starts crawling!

Ryan said...

They are getting older Erin. It sneaks up on you quick. Aiden looks cute with the comb over while Kyles hair is all over the place. You have very funny children Erin. And I am glad to see Jason having what looks to be more time for the family.

Earl and Gail said...

soccer just happens to be my favorite sport, your boys are precious in their shinguards and kicking the ball. AND joey just got those same shorts from kmart from my mom, in the mail the other day, he wore them yesterday. and love to see the boys 'breaking' ryleigh in already! they are beyond cute! great photos! and great zoom on your camera for that aligator shot.

Anonymous said...

The gator will make some nice shoes!

Anonymous said...

I think Michael Jordan used to stick out his tongue when making a basket.Do you think there is a connection? Super athletes in the making. :-) I used to love watching A&R play soccer.Enoy and continue take allot of pictures/movies.
Great photo's,especially the pants head and bubble head photo. :-) Love,A.Deb

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin we enjoyed all of the pictures. The boys are really cute in their socker outfits. I like the pictures of them playing ball. Kyle looks so serious with his tongue out . Looks like he is really with it.Looks like Ryleigh is going to be a tough little girl. She will have to be to keep up with the boys. Keep the pictures comming.

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys! I can't wait to see you, and I hope I can see you soon before you move.

Anonymous said...

erin, you look like your hands are sooooo full, i love you for all the work you do!!!

joel