Friday, April 06, 2007

"No Girls Allowed"

Once a month all the ladies on our street get together for dinner. We take turn having it at each others houses. Recently it was my turn to host. I was getting ready for everyone to come over and Aiden asked what I was doing. I explained who was coming over and he asked if he was going to be there. I told him no, he was going out with daddy, this was just for girls. Immediately he asked me for some paper and a marker. I gave him some, and this is what he made: signs for his door "saying" no girls allowed in his bedroom or bathroom. Since he can not write yet, he just drew girls faces, put a circle around them, then lines through it, kind of like a no smoking signs! As you can see from his door below, he was pretty serious about no girls going in his bedroom.He then asked for some tape and put his signs all over his bedroom door and one on his bathroom door. At least all the girls are smiling in his pictures! :)I asked him where everyone was going to go to the bathroom if his was off limits. He said they could all use mine, then he drew this sign, with an arrow, pointing the way to my bathroom. :)
I left them up for our dinner and everyone had a good laugh. I guess we are safe from Aiden being in to girls for a few more years according to these pictures! Even though he does already try to impress girls, so in some ways it has started. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catching up now! Aiden is a thinker! You can watch his brain work if you are with him! To think up the sign idea is great! To NOT want girls in his room is a little early! (What about Lindsey?) BUT, he WILL change his mind eventually!

Anonymous said...

That is soo... funny,I laughed so hard. I wish I could be there.
Love, Annah;)

Anonymous said...

So funny!! All the ladies at work loved it too. Hope to see ya sometime this summer.

Anonymous said...

I loved the signs! It reminds me of when Emily left the note at Traynor's after seeing a cigarette in the ashtray on one of the desks. She wrote out a note saying, "He who smoke NO" She was 3 and had just learned, "Let him that stole steal no more" in Cubbies. I think the Traynor's guy stopped smoking after that. :)

I believe that was the same year when Emily surprised us with her announcement once we were outside of Traynor's, after finishing up a conversation with the owner, Ed. We wondered why Ed had such a funny expression on his face when we left. Her announcement? "I waved goodbye to him with my tongue." She doesn't do that anymore... that I know of. :)

Laine

Anonymous said...

Paint your walls with Sherwin Williams paint and then buy the kid a magic marker and let him write on the walls. Think of all the paper you'll save.

Anonymous said...

Aiden is so funny :-)Where does he come up with this stuff.?I hope you're saving all this stories.!When he is older his first girlfriend will love these stories.:-) Love, A. Deb

Earl and Gail said...

so funny!