Thursday, April 19, 2007

Paper bags, snakes, lizards, Simon Says and Mulch

No, we were not invaded by some very strange aliens, it is just the boys after a trip to the grocery store. :) Of course they could not see a thing, so this game resulted in lots of falling, and stepping on Ryleigh. But, they had a blast. The biggest excitement last week was a snake in our yard. I wasn't sure what kind it was, it was really long and there are a lot of poisonous ones around here. So our neighbor came over and we killed it. Aiden was all boy and picked it up with this little stick right afterwards. It ended up being just a black snake, but better safe than sorry.The next day he was catching lizards. If he ever brings any reptiles into this house, he will be very sorry. But at least he can catch them for me now when they get in the house. Ryleigh watching Daddy getting his boots on in the morning. She was sitting on my lap and as soon as she saw Jason she had to get down and crawl to him.We had mulch delivered yesterday. A lot of it. I was outside from 10-5:30, raking and moving mulch around. The boys thought it was great, they used it as a ramp, a place to hide golf balls, to jump in, and to just generally make a mess. You should have seen all the mulch in Kyle's boots when I took them off last night.
Before kids, a job like this would not have been fun, but I wouldn't have called it hard. Now, I would classify it as hard. A flare prayer before kids probably was, "Please don't let there be any traffic on the way to work." Now, my flare prayers are more like "Please don't let anyone be seriously wounded or bleed too much while I am in the shower." I try really hard everyday to tell myself that this stage in our life is short, and they will not all be little forever. I don't want to wish these years away. But, days like yesterday make that difficult!! :)

This is a new game, it is called "Ryleigh Simon Says". They follow Ryleigh around and do everything she does.

Thanks to everyone for your comments! We love hearing from everybody, especially old friends that we have not had contact with in a long time. If you are looking at our blog and have never left us a comment, take a minute and leave one. It is nice to know who is looking at our life. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww... they are getting so big :) Erin, I love Aidens hair, he looks so grown-up.

Ryan said...

Man looks like Ashleigh and I skipped out on the mulching this year. Darn. If we were down there, we would have helped out for sure. I think you might have quite a dare devil on your hands there with Kyle. The family looks great Erin! Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

I am looking at your blog and enjoying every minute of it! I keep thinking, "I only had ONE boy to keep up with and barely survived. How does she do it?" They are so precious but oh so busy!

Anonymous said...

The alien, snake, lizard invasion! Josh wishes he were there! And when I see the boys with Ryleigh, June can't come fast enough! Can't wait to spend some time just watching them interact and watching her crawl around. As usual, your blog makes me laugh out loud, especially the Ryleigh Simon Says! Too, Too Cute!! And I love the old friends' comments, too!

Anonymous said...

Erin, Every time I see your Blog Iwant to see the kids more. We enjoyed all the pictures. Ryleigh
has grown so fast. I loved the follow me. It looks like Aiden is not afraid of any lizards or snakes. How about mice? Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Erin, Every time I see your Blog Iwant to see the kids more. We enjoyed all the pictures. Ryleigh
has grown so fast. I loved the follow me. It looks like Aiden is not afraid of any lizards or snakes. How about mice? Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Erin, Every time I see your Blog Iwant to see the kids more. We enjoyed all the pictures. Ryleigh
has grown so fast. I loved the follow me. It looks like Aiden is not afraid of any lizards or snakes. How about mice? Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Erin, Every time I see your Blog Iwant to see the kids more. We enjoyed all the pictures. Ryleigh
has grown so fast. I loved the follow me. It looks like Aiden is not afraid of any lizards or snakes. How about mice? Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Erin, Every time I see your Blog Iwant to see the kids more. We enjoyed all the pictures. Ryleigh
has grown so fast. I loved the follow me. It looks like Aiden is not afraid of any lizards or snakes. How about mice? Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

I miss you Aiden and Kyle and Ryleigh! I cannot wait to see you some day.