Monday, January 05, 2009

Boys being boys

Here are some recent pictures of boys doing boy things! :)

Jason shot a deer one day and came back to the house to get the boys to help track it. They LOVED that. Following a blood trail, finding the deer and all that other hunting stuff. They are counting the years until they are old enough to actually hunt themselves and get a real pocket knife. Team Real Tree in the making! I like how Kyle just has a small little grip on a piece of the ear!
Motorcycle rides! I must admit I am not really for this. My motherhood protection instinct screams "NO" in a very loud voice in my head. Jason assures me he goes slow and they only drive through our neighborhood, which is a dead end road, for all you other mothers and grandmothers that are worried. :)As you can see, Kyle is as for it as I am against it. He is in heaven when he is doing anything that I consider dangerous.It's all good Mom!Mud, my kids favorite. The ditch at the end of our driveway always seems to be full of it. And the moment the boys walk out in the front yard, this is where they head. It is like a magnet that pulls them. I saw I saying, sort of like a dictionary definition, once, it fit my boys, "Boys n. a child with dirt on it."
On this particular day their soccer ball went in the drain, so it was not to be avoided, they had to go in the drain. What a shame! Does he look upset? Pure bliss. Once he was in there I just let him play in it for awhile. He was stomping in the mud in his bare feet and I heard him say "Ahhh, mud!"
Jason relaxing (something that you don't find him doing very often) while the boys played on the Play station.
Playing "Kung Fu Panda" a huge reward and treat in our house. You can see why, they are like in a trance when they play......not good for the imagination I always tell them. After they play I always say "Quick! Go build blocks or something before your imagination dies!!!" They always fall for it. Poor kids are always thinking their imagination is in jeopardy.

4 comments:

Earl and Gail said...

I'm cracking up! I'm going to remember that about the imagination in danger. Ha ha! Hilarious. And loved the boy definition! And the photo of Aiden's in the drain ditch. Earl is counting the days (more than Joey) when Joey can hang on, on the back of the Harley.

Earl and Gail said...

Oh, and I always forget to tell you how much I love the pictures at the top of your blog, with your family sayings. Cute. :-)

Vicki & Bruce said...

Ah, Boys! Something I never had too many of! But watching Joe & Josh be different than you girls was a lot of fun! Boys SHOULD be boys! That's how God made them! But dirt has never been a lady's best friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, reading your blog always makes my day! :)

I miss you all so much and I don't understand why you have to live so far away!
I love you all!