Friday, January 23, 2009

A visit from the Columbia Cousins

In order to stop receiving texts from Alex asking where the pictures of their visit are, I thought I had better update sooner than later. :) So here you go Alex!


Alex and Ryan, my cousins from Maryland, come stay the weekend with us last weekend. Since Chelly and I both live here now, it made the trip worth it for them to see two cousins at once! We had a good time and did a whole lot of nothing! Just sitting around, eating, playing games and watching football. My idea of a perfect weekend! The kids loved having them here, Ryan played lots of PlayStation with the boys and Alex gave Ryleigh a lovely new hairdo. Alex was a huge help in the kitchen, it was like having my own cooking show! I was making stuff and before I even turned around things were washed and counters were cleared. Maybe she can come live with us?? :)

Enjoying a breakfast of sausage gravy over biscuits. A love we got from our Granddad, who can really make some good gravy! Ryan asked me when I was making it "Now is this authentic sausage gravy?" Meaning, "like Granddad makes?" :)

Kyle, Allie, Ry and Aiden watching a movie while we tried to watch in peace the Ravens/Steelers game. It didn't work. I think Aiden was the only one that actually stayed in there and watched the whole movie.



This is what watching most of the game was like. See Adam crying, Aiden trying to make him stop, Ryleigh and Allie ready to make an escape and Kyle pretending to be good. Ryan looks like he is thinking "why did I want to come here and visit again??" Not easy watching a football game with 5 kids ages 6 and under. :)


Alex playing with Allie

Jason and Ryan
Playing cards one night. We also had friends in town that weekend that are moving here and they were up looking for a house. It was a full house last weekend! Just the way we like it!

Alex and Ryleigh

Alex and Ryleigh again, this time in the car. Just the girls (and Adam) went shopping to help Alex find some stuff for her new apartment.

Adam and Ryleigh in the car


Ryan, Chris and Jason grilling at Chris and Chelly's.

Thanks for coming guys! We hope you had a good time. Come back this summer when we can go to the beach!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! I'm a little sad you didn't get a picture of "flying."

Anonymous said...

Finally! I'm a little sad you didn't get a picture of "flying."

Anonymous said...

Are we talking about the same "cleaning" Alex?

Ryan said...

She did get a picture Alex, just with my camera. I thought for sure I would have my pictures up before you Erin, but I guess you came out on top. And if you didn't notice, I am commenting on your blog right now because I remember you saying that I never comment. The pictures look great and thanks for having us! I had a great time and it was nice to get away from the cold MD. I can't believe you guys got snow the other day though, thats awesome! Nothing like a snowday!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love you guys!! I can't wait to come down and visit.

Vicki & Bruce said...

Can't wait til it's our turn to visit! And to get to see both you & Chelle at the same time will be AWESOME! Lindsey can't wait to play in both Allie & Ryleigh's kitchens so I guess she will have to spend the night with Allie, too!