Friday, May 04, 2007

Aiden Update

Just wanted to let all of you know who have been praying for Aiden's surgery today that everything went really well. He was so good during the whole process! After he woke up and he was a little more with it he said, "They never put me to sleep!" He didn't remember anything. It was hard for us to watch them wheel him down the hallway in that big bed, with his two little teddy bears beside him, but the hospital staff was wonderful and we knew he was in good hands. There must have been a lot of people praying for me too, because I did so much better than I expected! He was in surgery about 45 minutes. The Dr. came out and met with us shortly afterwards and said that it was a cyst, actually several, of some sort. He told us that he thought everything looked good, but of course he would not know for sure until Tuesday, after they got back the biopsy results.

Here is Aiden with some of his "loot" from today. We had a toy to give to him in recovery and he got a few from the hospital. A package arrived in the mail from MomMom, Granddad and all the kids. Different neighbors showed up with Spiderman cupcakes, a huge pirate balloon and McDonald's gift certificates. Jas and I overheard him tell Josh and Lindsey on the phone this afternoon, "Everyone is being so nice to me today!" Makes me wonder, does he think we are all normally mean? :) He seems to be in very little pain, even acting a bit wild this afternoon. But, he is extremely protective of his shoulder, he won't let anyone get anywhere near it. The Dr. said no outside play for 2-4 days, depending on how he feels. I hope we can make it through 2 whole days. I had to drag him back inside about 4 times just this afternoon.

I hope all that made sense. I am a pretty tired and I am having a hard time concentrating on what I am writing. Thanks again to everyone who has had us in your thoughts and prayers this last week and a half. Keep them coming for just a few more days!! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Aiden I love him and he's so brave!

Anonymous said...

So sorry Aiden has to wait "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not......, but 12 days until he can take a bath again"! That's what he told me last night! He was full of energy (after I told Erin he would probably be drowsy for days!)last night and full of conversation! What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I sure do think that Aiden is a handsome little man. Man, I was so scared when he went in there to get "put under." His little smile and good attitude sure did humble us as he was wheeled away. It was as if to say, "Don't worry Mom and Dad. Everything is going to be alright."

Love ya Aiden!

Daddy

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things went well! We've been praying for you all.

SES said...

Thanks for the update Erin. Hang in there and try to get some sleep. We'll keep praying!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin and family,

I just got on here, it's been awhile- but everyone is so cute (including Jason). I miss you guys. I can't believe how big Ryleigh is getting! c-ya guys soon!

SB said...

Hi Erin,

I am glad that Aiden is doing well and I am glad that mom and dad have survived the surgery as well. Thoughts and prayers will continue to come to you guys from Okinawa! I will keep checking for updates. Miss ya'll.

Take Care