Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Jason!!

Jason as a baby! I don't have many pictures of Jason young, but I did find a few. Here he is about 4 months old.I don't know how old he is here, but he sure is cute! With his Grandfather and brother.
Like father, like son.The hunting obsession started early. :)
A very young and handsome Jason.Jason the Marine. I could have put up so many pictures from Jason's 10 + years in the Corps. He has done a lot and taken pictures each step of the way! But, all the cool ones are in albums at Jason's work for his recruits to look at, so here are just a few I found here at home. Here he is in his office in Camp Pendleton, 3rd Bn. 5th Marines.


I don't really know where this is. :) But, I do believe he is calling for fire.Jason as a coach on the rifle range in Camp Pendleton. He is an excellent rifleman, an 11th award expert on the rifle and 9th (only shot for 9 years) award on pistol. Just this last time (they have to do it yearly) that he was on the range, he was range high. Quite an accomplishment out of hundreds of Marines.
I believe this was taken in Staff Academy in Quantico VA. Another rigorous school that he went through for 3 months.Marching his platoon on the parade deck.Pitting the whole platoon as the Senior Drill Instructor.

Here he is playing around, I believe in Japan, pretending to be hanging off a cliff. It really was just where the road had split. :)
Jason the hunter/fisherman! Of course if you know Jason, you know that he is a man's man all around. He likes nothing better than to be in a tree hunting deer with his bow or in a boat fishing for some large mouth bass.
One of his big bucks! He got this one when we were living in Shrewsbury.

Then there is Jason, the husband and father. To say Jason is an excellent husband and father just doesn't seem to be enough. But, I don't really know any other word to use. He constantly puts the needs of us before himself. He works hard and provides very well. He works longer hours than any other dad I know, and he still gets on the floor to wrestle with the boys and let Ryleigh crawl all over him when he gets home. After being on his feet for sometimes 15 hours a day, he comes home and helps get the kids ready for bed. Then we will come out and sweep the floor or pick up toys. I never ask him to, he just does it. He takes the boys fishing or just out of the house for a bit so I can get something done. He calls me several times a day just to say "I love you." He is more respectful of me than any man I have ever seen with his wife. The kids and I all know that we are treasured and adored by him. I really don't know how I got so lucky. So, today on his birthday, I am doing my best to say thank you to him.
Thank you for all you do as a father............



And thank you for all you do as a husband.......

We know we are lucky to have you in our life. I could say so much more!! Cause' you do so much for us, but I guess I'll just end with: Happy Birthday! We love you!!

Love, Erin, Aiden, Kyle and Ryleigh

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Jason! Its been great getting to know you over the years and I hope our friendship only grows from here.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jason.We are proud to have you as a husband to one of our favorite granddaughters. Wish we could have been there to help you celeberate. Hope you have many, many more.

Anonymous said...

I am a lucky man and would have my life no other way. I am grateful to be a part of such an awesome little family. Thanks Erin, Aiden, Kyle and Ryleigh for being there and for being such an awesome part of my life.

Vicki & Bruce said...

What a great tribute to a great guy! Happy Birthday again, Jason! We love you!

SES said...

Happy Birthday Jason!