Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Real life

It has been one of the those weeks. One only survived by chocolate. I am trying to wean Ryleigh and really potty train Kyle (yes he is over 3, and your child was probably potty trained at 9 months, but this is not the week to tell me about it). That translates into there always being food or pee on the floor. Yep, that about sums it up. Ryleigh seems to think food tastes better when it is being swept up in a pile mixed with dirt. I don't think Kyle will mind Depends one day, cause' he thinks the world is ending without his diaper. Aiden has been totally out of sorts. He woke up in the middle of the night last night, came in our room with his shirt off, crying uncontrollably, because he wanted me to change his pj's. That sums up how he has been acting. I have not always responded the way I should. Hopefully this week will not land anyone in counseling in their young adult years.....

In one of the lighter moments of the week, here are the kids playing t-ball. I do believe everyone was happy in these moments..

I sincerely hope your week is going better than mine.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having a bad week... your stories always make me smile! :) Oh, I think I was potty trained at 8 months. :) he he :)

Vicki & Bruce said...

We've ALL had THOSE weeks! And I've had some real potty training disasters, too! Cheer up! Life WILL get easier as they grow up! Well, maybe not "easier", but your problems won't be as frustrating! Always remember Aiden's "tumor scare" and your life will be put in perspective! AND Ryleigh's smile can turn any day brighter!!

Anonymous said...

No Michelle, you walked at 8 months you weren't potty trained. Show-off!

girlebert said...

Erin..., Our Aiden was a stubborn strong willed child when it came to toilet training..., Same issue, wanted his diaper on ALL the time. Wouldn't go poop but only in his diaper. I would sit him on the toilet and he would sit and sit, then go after I put his diaper back on. Aiden also struggled with constipation as well. So I read the book entitled something like TOILET TRAINED IN LESS THAN A DAY. IT WORKED!!! Saved our lives!
Good luck. I have one more in future years to go through this again with:)

Unknown said...

To hear my mother tell it, I was stubborn, too... basically we ended up having a showdown of wills over the issue, and she won, thankfully. But don't worry, I think I ended up being a fairly well-adjusted individual, even if was a little "developmentally challenged" in that area. :-) Maybe if you tell Kyle that he'd better cooperate or you'll tell stories about him for the rest of his life, it will motivate him! Haha...

SES said...

There's always food or pee on my floor and it doesn't bother me...=)

I hope things start looking up for ya soon.

Erin said...

Chelly, you walked at 9 months, not potty trained!! lol

Well Sean, you would feel right at home here! :)

Kyle continues to be stubborn, but the week has gotten better...it is a totally battle of wills. I pray I win. Ryleigh is weaned and loving food. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll never forget the day I announced to Emily that she had seen her last diaper. Her mouth dropped open as I matter-of-factly announced it and walked out her bedroom door. I think she was just a couple days shy of 3. The best part of it is that I won. :)

Earl and Gail said...

So this is what it will be like with 3 kids huh? Thanks for preparing me, sort of. Glad things got easier. Joey is now weaned too.