Wednesday, July 18, 2007

On a boat with Daddy

Jason brought home his old John-boat last time we were up in PA, and he and the boys have been going out in it about once a week. Jason said at first they were a little scared of being on the water, but got over that fear and now love it. Aiden keeps talking about getting the "big bass". They will call me on the way home and give me all the details. Aiden will say "I am the only one that got a bite today." or "Daddy caught a fish, but he let me reel it in." or "I really want to catch a catfish." I have a feeling they are going to grow up to be outdoors men like their Daddy. The last two times they have been to this pond they have seen a 10 foot alligator. The last time they went it came right up to their boat, so they are not going back there again! The mother protective instinct in me had a hard time letting them go out of a boat in the first place, the alligator story does not help matters. Jason is on the hunt for a bass boat, so I am sure this is just the beginning of many times on the water with Daddy!

Catching tad poles.



3 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Awww, cute pics! ;) I'm glad Jason isn't taking the boys back to the gator pond -- that's kinda scary!! :(

Thanks for the pics of your sofa - you did a beautiful job!! :) Looks like it should last for a few more years now! ;)

Vicki & Bruce said...

They look SO happy in that boat! What great memories Jason is making with them! Even the alligator will make a great tale to retell! (But glad they are steering clear of THAT pond) How soon before Ryleigh is catching fish?

Earl and Gail said...

great boating photos!