Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Conversations with Kyle




I have always thought of Kyle as the more quiet one of our two boys. This only pertains to conversing, not in boyish loudness. But, after 4 weeks with Kyle when Aiden is at school, I have changed my mind. That boy can talk! I guess he has been stifled all these years. Usually Aiden is talking a blue streak and you hear Kyle say "Yeah!" or "What?" or "Right!" And not too much else. He has been making up for lost time over the last few weeks. Here are some samples of a normal conversation with Kyle:

Mom what happens if the sun falls out of the sky? Does God have a gun? What happens if we all fall in the water? No, not swimming, if we fall. That big cloud is chasing that tiny one! It is going zoom fast like this. Mom I have to go poo-poo really bad, hurry it is almost coming out!!! Oh never mind, it is only gas. I can transform Spiderman. Mom, is this you and Daddy's song? (he takes a breath) Mom, what happens if a water tower falls down? Does it drown? Look! A horse cloud! Be quiet mom, I want to hear that airplane! Ryleigh you k? You k baby sister? Mom, look Ryleigh lovbs me. Mom, I lovb you. I lovb you 60, 200. You lovb me that much? That is a lot. I lovb you millions. Mom, how do you spell cart? Mom, how do you spell cart? Mom, how do you spell cart? Mom, I want milk and yogurt. Mom, what does 678 spell? Smell this book, it smells like candy. Do you think it smells good? He says off of this while moving in rapid motion. From doing somersaults on the floor, to standing on his head to climbing the door frame or jumping off the stairs.

I believe Kyle's philosophy in life is: "Life is short, never sit still"

6 comments:

Vicki & Bruce said...

Kyle makes the most awesome, expressive faces! Lovb his conversations! Had an interesting one with him the other night, but couldn't understand some of it! It's easier in person. What a firecracker kid! But don't you just love him!

Anonymous said...

Yes, he sure is a talker and a climber. It has been fun watching my hippie grow up so fast. Erin, you really need to write a book! I'm telling you that you have writing skills like no other that I have seen. Sure do wish that I could write like that. Can't wait to see you this evening.

Vicki & Bruce said...

I agree on the writing skills! They should be shared with a bigger audience! You just need a bigger dose of self-confidence.

Earl and Gail said...

Yes, i agree that you should write a book Erin!
and i'm pretty sure you have the funniest kids in the world!

Erin said...

Thanks for the compliments guys, but I don't think a fan base of 3 would really cut it out there in the publishing world. lol Especially when 2 of the 3 are a bit biased. :)

Brian and Jen said...

You can bump it up to at least 5... we love reading your blogs! I often tell Brian at dinner about what you guys are up to! :) It helps us know what's coming with Blake..although Natalie is pretty tomboyish in her own way. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!