Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 20th

Ryleigh's actual birthday was a few days after her party, on the 20th. I know this because I looked it up on her birth certificate a few months ago. Yes, I actually forgot her birthday. I called the insurance company about something for her and they asked me to confirm her birthday. I gave them a date, they said "that is not what we have here". "Well you have it wrong" I told them. I know my daughters birthday. Or at least you would think I do. They told me I would have to go into the insurance office on base with her birth certificate to have it changed. So, I dug it out to do just that. That is when I noticed I had it wrong. Oops. Maybe I should start taking Ginga Biloba or something.....

We started the day off with hot chocolate with whipped cream on the deck. A favorite with our kiddos and a treat. She is just a little bit happy. Notice the princess pj's from Megan and Sarah. :)

We saved a few presents and gave them to her that afternoon. She now has Barbies and she loves to brush their hair. :)
She also got a piggy bank. The boys each have one and she is very excited to have one of her own. We gave her some change and she had fun putting it all in her little bank.


We made pink cupcakes later on that afternoon and decorated them with purple frosting. The boys refused to eat them. Too many girly colors.


We spend the evening outside on our deck with a dinner of hot dogs. That was her request! :)
Looking cute in Daddy's John Deere hat.


Time for another singing of Happy Birthday. She sang along. :)I think she likes them. The icing at least. She just licked all the icing off and said she was done. Could have saved myself some trouble and just given her a spoon with a bowl full of icing.

3 comments:

The Roberts said...

Joey just licks icing off cupcakes and cakes, too. So funny. And I sometimes get Joey's birthday confused. For some reason, I always say it's July 28th instead of the 29th (I even had it wrong on the new blog and had to correct it). Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys.

BOJANGLES said...

I want a cupcake now, thanks Erin. A piggy bank, I can see it now, she's going to want something from the toy store and not be able to get her money out, so she's going to break the bank. One day the pink pig will be nothing but pieces of pink. She's such a cutie and ham. They grow up too quickly.

The Arnold Family said...

Erin, Don't feel too bad about her birthday... when Thomas was only a couple months, old someone asked how much he weighed at birth and I told them 8 lbs, 6 oz. Johnny corrected me and we proceeded to argue about it in front of some people. Finally, I realized that Johnny was right.. Thomas weighed 7 , 12. And Johnny always thinks that the kids both have birthdays on the 14th, but Ruby's is actually on the 13th and Thomas's is on the 14th. You're not alone! Happy Birthday to Rylie!