Monday, January 08, 2007

Back to normal life

Well we have been home for a week and the holidays are all behind us. The boys help me take down the Christmas tree and asked all day when Christmas was coming again. It was so hot the day I put everything away I was sure a lizard was going to jump down on me as I was taking the garland off around the door. I shook it really hard to prevent a reptile scare. Sure enough one landed on the porch. I quickly put it in the garage in case more were hiding waiting to jump on me.

Ryleigh loves her brothers! When they walk into the room she gets so excited. In the mornings they act like they haven't seen her in weeks and shower her with kisses and hugs. Ryleigh's hair is starting to get curly. Check out the curls on top of her head!
My very efficient husband blowing leaves off the roof. He keeps our yard in perfect order. With 30 trees in our yard with leaves that fall from September to May, you have no idea what an accomplishment this truly is. I once saw a cartoon of someone standing under a tree that had one leaf left on it with a vacuum cleaner waiting to suck it up before it hit the ground. That so reminds me of Jason! :) Aiden is right beside Jas whenever something needs to be fixed. The seat fell off Aiden's old tricycle that both boys still like to ride, and Aiden was very happy to lend a helping hand. Right after I took this picture Aiden looked up at me and gave me a thumbs up. I wish I had caught that.
Kyle takes his play time very seriously. Here he is after being taken down by Aiden.

Don't mess with me!

Ryleigh after a bath in her new bathrobe (goes perfectly with her new slippers!) from Granddad Aubrey & Grandmom Jeanie. She looks so cute in it!
This is the face that saves this kid time after time. Kyle is very active and extremely strong willed. But, it is very hard to stay mad at him when he get in to trouble for too long because he is just so darn cute! Lately, when he has been mad at me he says "Mom, you not get any presents!"
As I have posted before, Ryleigh loves the boys toys. She played with this sword for a long time the other day.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right! That Kyle face is too hard to resist! I think Ryleigh is turning into a "tombaby"! With curls! And the picture of someone standing under the tree ready to vacuum the leaf was given to YOU one time by someone! How like Jason YOU are too!! GREAT Pictures! From Dad, too! He doesn't have time to comment right now.

Erin said...

he he What can I say? Jas and I are a perfect match! :)

"Just the Two Of Us" said...

Ryleigh is a doll baby! Love the curls. Belle can say Ryleigh's name now :)

Nathan and Bonny Rollins said...

Hi Erin,
I know we have never met, but I hear you guys are trying to get up this way. I'm sure we will meet soon. Isn't it funny how much boys will be boys. Garrett is already showing signs of being totally male!