Friday, January 12, 2007

Happy Birthday MOM!!

There is so much that can be said about my mom. She truly is "Supermom" and someone who is not only my mom, but one of my best friends. Somehow she has raised (and still is raising) 11 children without ever seeming to be overwhelmed. I strive to live up to her and be as good as mom as she is. I don't know how I would have gotten through some of the tough times of motherhood without my mom to lean on. She never condemns, always encourages, always knows the right thing to say to get you through. Mom, I can only hope and pray that one day I will have the relationship with my children that you do with us kids. We ALL love to talk to you and knowing you are there for us is one of the best feelings in the world. Thank you for being there whenever I need you, even though your house is about 8 times busier than mine! I love you and want to be just like you when I grow up. Hope you have a great day and we wish we could spend your birthday with you!


My mom with me on my I believe 2nd birthday, even though there are 4 candles!
This picture was taken when we lived in Elim, NY, while my dad was attending school. The same school my sister Ashleigh is currently attending.
The family in 1984. Just the three little girls! Our family did grow quite a bit....... :)
A family dinner late 90's. I believe this is when Jas and I were home for Christmas from CA one year. Mom always knows how to make coming home special. And family dinners are crazy, but lots of fun.
This was taken on the pier right down from our apartment in CA. Mom, Dad and Joe flew out to see us one year and it was one of my favorite times with my parents.
I had to include a picture of Aiden with his MomMom. Since we lived near by when Aiden was little he developed a very close relationship with everyone in my family and is crazy about them all. When he was a baby, he used to want my mom over me sometimes!! I guess he knows a good mom when he sees one. I try not to be too jealous. :)


My family today. Minus my sister Michelle and our families.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I love your pics too! You have some cute ones of you and mom when you were little. Anyways, nice job!

Chelly

Anonymous said...

WOW, SO glad you found pictures that are not embarrassing! (There are some pretty bad ones!)THANKS, Erin. You are too kind! I really don't feel I deserve the praise, but I thank you for it. There were times I remember not being a very nice mom, and I'm glad the good times have wiped out the bad! And how could I have raised all of you without the help of you, Chelle and Liz! It was and still is a family effort! You all are the greatest (to me) and my best friends that help me through life!