Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Superheros and Windowsills

















As I have posted before, the boys love to play in the windowsills of their bedroom. They built ships, forts, ramps, bridges, houses, you name it out of their blocks on the ledges. Saturday they played in that one spot almost all day.
Saturday also had the many Superheros in our house being put in "jail" (taped to the rocking chair), swinging from the blind cords, and climbing my orchid plant. You just never know where a Superhero might show up!
In keeping with the theme of this post and the boys, here are a few funny things they have said in the last few days:
~ Kyle was yelling for me in their room when they were in bed, and of course supposed to be going to sleep, this is what I overhear: Aiden - "Kyle stop calling for mom." Kyle "MOMMY!!" Aiden "Kyle, is it an emergency?"
~ Aiden "Mom, do you know God's favorite color?" Me "No Aiden I don't" Aiden "Me neither, I never asked him. But, I think it is orange."
~ Aiden "I know what people are made of" Me "Really? What?" Aiden "Bones.......and hair"
~ Aiden "Mom, I don't know what God looks like, do you?" Me "No Aiden I don't" (seems like I say that a lot!) Aiden "I think he has on a blue shirt."
~ Aiden "Mom, don't tell Dad about this (I don't remember what it was), he might tell his recruits."
~ Aiden "Want to play Kyle? All my imaginary friends are at Mom-Mom's house."
Sometimes Aiden can understand Kyle better than I can. The other day I could not figure out what Kyle was saying, so I asked Aiden if he knew. He said "I don't know, I don't speak 2 year old."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure needed a laugh this morning! I remember one time years ago, Dad said "Every house should have a 4-year-old"! They say the cutest, most thought provoking things! I love it!! Creativity and imagination are sure being expressed at your house! Thanks for letting them be boys, Erin! I love Aiden's answer to what Kyle was saying! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, I thought that the one about Aidens imaginary friends being here was really funny, lol it made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

That was really funny,and I hope I can see you soon,I love you Aiden, Kyle and Ryleigh, The End

SES said...

thanks for making us laugh, Erin!

Earl and Gail said...

oh my goodness. hilarious! love the photos and love the quotes!!!! you have to keep them written down somewhere to show them when they are older!

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I am new at all this stuff, but wanted you to know that I am proud of you all. Jason for being such a godly example and you for being tough and surviving all that being a mom and wife throws your way. Your kids are great I could learn alot from them!!