Saturday, January 27, 2007

Drill, Drill, Drill


These pictures are of Jason teaching the platoon drill. A big part of recruit training.





I don't post many pictures that have to do with the Drill Field, mostly it is all about the kiddos, but since the Drill Field is a huge part of our life, I thought I would show you a little peek in to that world. It is the world that has permanently damaged Jason's voice, and put us through the toughest times of our life. This tour will make or break you. Jason's class of DI's started out with 78, they graduated with 43 and their are currently only 36 left of class 4-04 (with 9 months to go before their class is finished on the island). I also don't brag on Jason much, but I should, because he has an outstanding reputation on the entire island. I recently just talked to someone who is not in the military, but works with people on the island and he told me that anytime he asks anyone if they know SSgt. ----, they always do. He knows how to reach the heart of recruits and many times they tell him that they learned more from him in three months on how to be a real man, than 18 years with their father. He has the respect and approval of all his superiors and those below him want to work for him. I am very proud of him. :) But, as proud of him as I am and all that he has accomplished in the Corps, I am most proud of the unbelievable husband and father he is to all of us. I count myself extremely blessed! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics, thanks for sharing! ;)

~Chelly

SES said...

great pictures, Erin. Michelle, no posts in quite a while- what gives? =)

Ryan said...

I am liking the black and white. I enjoy looking at those pictures from my computer screen and not being there in person in row with those guys! Haha.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Erin! Thanks for sharing this.
Jason, we're proud of you too!!!

Earl and Gail said...

love the pics. i'd agree about making you or breaking you..you wont see us running to volunteer for DI duty! It takes so much sacrifice! glad its almost over for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Would have commented on Saturday, and can't remember why now that I didn't! BUT, want to thank you for serving all of us and being a "Big Daddy" to all those recruits! You are a minister after all! And getting a better salary for it! Proud of you & love you, Jas!

Anonymous said...

Plates are for kids!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You want to make me cry. B & W is OK, but that's what GP was filmed in!!!