Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Pool Surfing & Cupcakes

Monday while we were playing in the pool, Kyle got out the boogie board and tried to "surf" in the pool. As you can see he did not have much room, but he made the best of it. Aiden gave it a try too.
Action shot! Cut off his head though! :(Ryleigh was napping when they got in the pool, but when she got up, she joined in the fun. She didn't stay in the pool long though, she wanted to get out and do what she does best, climb! That girl is more than part mountain goat!!

We also made cupcakes on Monday, while we were babysitting two little girls (they are who you see in the background of the pool pics). Here they all are decorating and eating their cupcakes.
Missed the cupcake!! :)

Let me just say that after babysitting two little girls for 2 days - girls are so easy!! They sat and colored forever! And when it was time to sit and watch a movie, they actually SAT while they were watching it! Amazing. Usually while my kids are "watching" a movie, they are also having a pillow fight or jumping off chairs. Somehow I have a feeling that Ryleigh is not going to be this way though......


The aftermath, well some of it! I didn't take a picture of all the dishes in the sink or the crumbs all over the floor. lol When it is all said and done I sometimes wonder why I do these things. It is so much extra work! :) But, from the smiles above, I think it was worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're such a good mom. Making cupcakes with 5 little kiddos had to be lots of "fun"!! :)

Vicki & Bruce said...

Sorry, I missed the blogs on Wednesday! Those boys DO have an imagination! And the cupcake effort made a memory! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Great to see my Christmas gifts are still being used!!! :)

SES said...

I like how the boys were sure to attach the keeper strap on the boogie board so they wouldn't lose it =)