Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sitting Pretty

I stumbled across something quiet amazing this morning, a child of mine sitting looking at a book. I was shocked! :) When we got home from taking Aiden to school, Ryleigh went off into the boys room. I was cleaning up the kitchen and I noticed she has not come out for a few minutes and was being awfully quiet. Usually that means she is in trouble. I found her on Kyle's little bed, with blankets wrapped around her quietly looking at books. It is safe to say this has never happened at our house before. She stayed there like that for at least 2o minutes. Another miracle. The boys like to have books read to them and the do like to look at them. But NEVER quietly and while sitting. It was nice to see her acting like a girl. She is usually trying to outdo her crazy big brothers.

I also discovered today how she is getting into all the child proof cabinets. I stood and watched her as she worked her magic. She holds on to the cabinet door handle and shakes it back and forth, back and forth until it it works loose. Don't let those baby blues fool ya, she is full of mischief.


Yesterday she was sitting on the sofa and I caught these cute pictures of her.
These eyes are the downfall of Jason!! :) She can do no wrong.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right when you say that her eyes are the downfall of mine. I sure do love and feel a terribly uncontrollable protective love for her. It kind of scares me too. I don't want to spoil her, but I have this feeling that I will.

God I love those kids!

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

Earl and Gail said...

oh my! she is sooo gorgeous!

Vicki & Bruce said...

It's funny how such a sweet, adorable, little girl can wrap a big, tough Drill Instructor around her little finger! So cute to see her reading books! Just like you used to do!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! She is just to cute! I miss her soo much! All of you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah what Megan said! :) this is the cutest picture I have ever seen in my life!