Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just the girls (and Adam)

On Friday I pulled out of our driveway as Jason stood there with all three kids with a look of total fright and abandonment. You see, he was nice (and brave) enough to let me go visit Chelly, Allie and Adam for the weekend while he stayed home with the kids. I will leave him to tell the stories of their weekend (I heard rumors of snakes, batman soup, no electricity and sleepless nights, but that is for another blog), here are some pictures from our weekend.I think Allie likes me. Not sure about Adam, he just slept or cried when I held him. :) He is a cutie (so is Allie!)!!

We went shopping on Saturday and even though we had two little kids, it was fun. That night we made chicken fajitas with homemade tortillas. Allie had a blast helping roll them out.

The pictures of the food are for mom, she taught us well! :)Adam was no help at all with the dinner preparations.
After dinner we laid on the couch and read, watched the Penn State game and folded laundry. Wild weekend, huh?
Right before we left to head south. Since Chris is away, Chelly and kids were my ride home (I drove down with another friend who was visiting someone in NC too). They are staying with us until we both can't handle all the kids in one house any longer! :) Our trip home was filled with singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" more times than I can count. Allie always noticed when I stopped singing. Then she would yell "Sing! Annt Errn! Sing!" I also developed great new arm muscles from jiggling Adam's car seat to keep him happy.

We have taken lots of cousin pictures, so stay tuned!!

4 comments:

Vicki & Bruce said...

I still can't get over (after all these years) seeing my first two little girls with little girls & boys of their own! Thanks for the food pictures! Liz will enjoy those, too! Can't wait now until we are ALL together, soon! Adam is looking bigger already in the 9 days since I saw him! SO glad you had a nice weekend together at Chelle's cozy house! Looking forward to your cozy house pictures next!

SES said...

I wish I had siblings within a driveable distance. Looks like you guys had fun. My favorite thing to do when I'm visiting Christian or Dana is nothing (I love just sittin on the couch talking or just generally hanging out =)

Anonymous said...

It was easy taking care of all three of my kids.......I don't know what all of the fuss is about from these stay at home moms!?

Unknown said...

Erin, After Jason's comment I think you should leave him ALONE with the kids more often. Moms do need their breaks and Jason seems to have found his calling. If Jason can handle a group of Marines it makes sense that 3 little kids would be no problem at all. : )