Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Goodbye Kindergarten!

It is hard to believe that Aiden is already done with Kindergarten! His last day was on Friday, with a party at the beach. Since we are moving, it was also goodbye to lots of great friends he has made in his class and his beloved teacher. :) Today we were driving by a school and Aiden said "I wish there was lots of Mrs. Dubbs." Me too!! She was wonderful and I wish all my kids could have her for kindergarten. Mrs. Dubbs made each of the kids a memory book of their year and this picture was on the last page. Made me cry. :) The class also made him a little book called "Why we will miss Aiden" It was filled with kids drawings and a sentence that started with "because" and then they filled in why they would miss Aiden. These were two of my favorites: This one says "Because you are a good man" :)

And this one says "Because you are pretty" :) Most of the others said things like "because you are a good friend" or "you are a good hugger" :) I love to read or listen to what kids have to say.
Here he is on his last day with his best buddies. When it was time for us to go his teacher said "Ok guys time to say goodbye to Aiden" All the kids came running out of the water and encircled him in hugs, pats on the back and yells of "We love you Aiden!" "We will miss you Aiden!" It was cute and sad! It was a great year!
The kids and I are now at Chelly's in NC. We are having a good time (well as good as time as you can have with 5 kids, 5 and under). :-) We went to the beach yesterday and we will have to blog about that later, it was quite an experience and Chelly and I have decided that we are crazy for attempting what we did! More to come.........

6 comments:

Vicki & Bruce said...

How cute and sad. And Aiden is a "good man"-pretty, too! Gotta love little kids' phrasing! Looking forward to seeing those smiles this summer!

Anonymous said...

Aiden looks so proud in his gown. Hope to see you soon. Could,t bring up picture you e-msiled me.
G-dad

Brian and Jen said...

You know I love it when you write about kindergarten. :) That's so cute about what the kids said. I can't imagine a field trip to the beach...but then again I guess we were in landlocked Germany. Anyway, hope you and Michelle are having fun! :)

Melissa said...

What fun to celebrate your last school day at the beach! My class would love it considering many of them have never been to a beach. We are still in school due to all the snow days we had to make up. Enjoy your summer!

Anonymous said...

What's happening?? Just because you're in Pennsylvania doesn't mean we don't want pictures anymore. :)

Anonymous said...

Does nobody post pictures besides Michelle anymore (thanks Chelly for helping me through my day:-))!