Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm going to miss these days??

Here are the highlights from the last week or so.....
Ryleigh opening a "child proof cabinet" in the bathroom - getting a hold of some allergy meds, having to call poison control. (she was fine - I think they have my name taped up somewhere, probably flagged like stores do when people write bad checks)

Ryleigh throwing one of her shoes off while I was grocery shopping. Of course I did not notice until we were in line. Got back out of line, searched every aisle, could not find it. Paid for the groceries, put them in my car then went back in and got down on my hands and knees aisle after aisle, looking for the shoe under the shelves. (I got lots of looks - had to explain myself in every aisle, at least twice). Did not find the shoe until the LAST aisle. It was sitting on a display shelf.

Potty training at home and in every public restroom in a 15 mile radius.

Two busted lips.

Two skateboarding lessons.Sitting in a car dealership for 2 hours with Kyle and Ryleigh. Need I say more?
Quite a few goose eggs on foreheads. (and many, many narrow misses - one involving the counter tops and a little boy trying to "fly") Finding a puddle of pee on the garage floor. I guess according to the boys that is considered "outside" and it would "dry up".
6 house showings.
2 field trips.

2 swim lessons.

Getting corrected about my parenting skills from an older lady who has completely forgotten what it is like to have an almost 2 year old.


3 play dates.


1 goodbye party.


= One exhausted mom....... :)


Now, no need for comments or emails about how I need to treasure these days. I am trying!!! :)

10 comments:

Earl and Gail said...

So I was wondering if you had some extra time on your hands, and lots of energy, could you....oh nevermind.

Anonymous said...

You know one day you have three little kids running around- and you just feel overwhelmed.... But ya know these are moments that are irreplaceable. If you could capture these times in still-shots of life you would want to save them for infinity. I really can't in any certain terms express the severity and importance of this lesson that I'm teaching you (for free). In short, cherish these times. That's the lesson learned today. :)

Anonymous said...

Erin, you are my hero. I don't mean this lightly either. I love you and can't wait to see you and the kids this coming up weekend! I am trying not to wish the time between now and then away, but it sure is hard not to. Thanks for doing what you do. I appreciate all of you effort with those little crazy kids. I would rather be a misurable Marine studying for the next exam than that.....Love you and talk to you soon....Jas

Vicki & Bruce said...

At least you can still laugh AND post about it and make US laugh! Too bad you can't transfer your blog and put it in a book! Would be a big seller! Hang in there-even if it's by the skin of your fingernails (or is it teeth!)

Vicki & Bruce said...

One question? How could such an irresistably adorable face like Ryleigh's cause so much trouble? She does have that mischievous gleam in her eye, though!

Anonymous said...

I think it's the skin of your teeth! ;) You're too funny mom!
Erin, great pics. and sorry you had such a hard week! :) I'm sure this next one will be lots better!

Erin said...

Thanks Joe. I guess you can't read since the bottom of the blog clearly stated that I didn't need comments like yours. lol :) (good to see you commenting again - I've missed them!)

Vicki & Bruce said...

You know Joe purposely made that comment because your specifically stated NOT to! Is there some rebellion coming out here? Or latent bitterness due to some unresolved childhood problem? We must analyze this for Joe! I'm sure HE could do a great job of analyzation! Bring it on, Joe!

Anonymous said...

I don't burdon myself with hours of agonizing analyzation. Instead I "comfort" myself in the fact that "brighter" minds will do it for me on a blog. I've found that the juicy results of personal evaluation, are much more appreciated by the incorrigible minds of "loving" family members. Rather then the self, searching affiliate. Because in the end we will all unequivocally believe our own affirmation.

Vicki & Bruce said...

Finally found your "deep" comment, Joe! Just glad you didn't mention or blame anything on the burnt pancakes! Glad you believe in your own affirmation because you need to believe in yourself and approve of yourself. This is one loving family who thinks you are a wonderful guy!