Thursday, May 01, 2008

Wedding!

On the 17th we made our way back up north for the second time in a month! After 4 years of so many trips up and down 95 we probably have stopped at every McDonald's and restroom on the interstate. :) We love going home, but it really is a long trip. It helps to break up the trip when we stop at Granddad's for the night. He only lives 2 hours from my parents, but those last two hours can be really LONG! I was a little sad about going to Granddad's this time. It would be the first time since the funeral that I was stopping at her house. Usually on our stops at you would walk in to the house with smells of a good meal cooking on the stove, ice tea glasses ready on the table, and the promise of a relaxing evening. I wasn't sure what to expect this time, I knew Granddad would make it comfortable for us, but I also knew it would be different. When I walked in that afternoon, the table was set just like always and the smells of roast beef filled the air. With the help of mom, he fixed a wonderful meal and it was just like always, a nice relaxing night with him, mom and Uncle Jeff. A big part was missing, but Granddad has stepped in and done the things that Grandmom always did to make us feel welcome. I know Grandmom was smiling down. :) I think maybe that Granddad was always there doing more than we realized. With Grandmom gone, I am appreciating him more and more.

G-dad Aubrey with the kiddos and Buddy.
The main reason for our trip this time was for Jason's sisters wedding in Baltimore. My mom met us at Granddads and took the kids back up to her house for the night. She left with them early that morning so we had 2 whole days to ourselves. A rare treat indeed. :) Jason has been gone since January and with him going to be gone for many more months, it is a rare to be with him period, but to be with him and actually get to talk without being interrupted every second (not an exaggeration), was awesome! We arrived in Baltimore early afternoon and checked in to our hotel, which was beautiful and right on the water. We had a great afternoon. Being in Baltimore is like being home for me since I grew up not far from there and have lots of great memories of coming to Baltimore as a kid to watch the Orioles play, going to the Aquarium, seeing Les Miserables with Dad, or just going to the Harbor.Then we got ready for the wedding, which was on a yacht that sailed around the Harbor all night. It was awesome and so much fun!!

Belle walking down the aisle.

Lydia and Katie

Lydia, Katie and Josh
The beautiful cake, made by Mara Lydia and JasonUs! :)
Thanks to Mom, and everyone up at Moms who took care of the kids for us! We owe you big time!!!

3 comments:

Vicki & Bruce said...

Great job once again, Erin! Beautiful pictures, interesting commentary! And you're right, Dad is doing a great job keeping his home homey and taking over for Mom!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Erin. Thanks for the nice comments . Guess g-mom has installed some of her good traits in me. One thing she has taught me how to cook and keep from starving. So maybe I will fry you some chicken next time.
Love,
G-dad

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! That girl with that Marine is so hot! Sure would like to be that lucky guy!......Oh yeah...what am I saying?....she's mine! Thank you Jesus!!!!