Monday, May 12, 2008

MAY 12th

Today was my grandmom's birthday. She loved her birthdays. She loved celebrating them. Today I would have called her. She would have would have been happy to hear from all her family in one day. She would have told me about all the pretty cards she got in the mail. She would have told me about the Mothers Day/birthday party we had every year. She would have said she missed having me there. She would have sent me a card for Mothers Day signed "Love, G-mom". I miss seeing cards with her handwriting showing up in my mailbox. I miss hearing her voice on the phone, hearing the little news of Mt. Airy. She would have laughed to hear about how Kyle tried to "skateboard" off his dresser yesterday. I can hear her saying "That boy!" I can imagine an entire conversation with her. I had lots of them. I wanted many more.

Happy Birthday Grandmom. We are thinking about you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I know what you mean. I missed her yesterday and calling her today. Mother's Day just wasn't special this year........Love, Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

So sweet, Erin! :) It made me cry! ;(

Vicki & Bruce said...

A well-said tearjerker. But these days, it doesn't take much to bring on tears when remembering all the special things about my mom! P.S.- Love the new headliner picture!